Thursday’s Special: Flare
An unwanted element in photography brought on, among other things, by shooting directly at sun without using a lens hood, or a creative element that adds to the composition of a photo?
Whatever your views on flare in photography, I hope you’ll join me in this challenge and maybe think about alternative approaches to the theme.
Some of the following definitions of flare might help you with that.
Excerpt from Free Dictionary
- A brief wavering blaze of light.
- A device that produces a bright light for signaling,illumination,or identification.
- An outbreak, as of emotion or activity.
- An expanding or opening outward.
- An unwanted reflection within an optical system or the resultant fogging of the image.
- A solar flare.
- Football A short pass to a back running toward the sideline.
- Baseball A fly ball hit a short distance into the outfield.
- Medicine – An area of redness on the skin surrounding the primary site of infection or irritation.
(click to zoom in to absorb all this radiant sunshine)
The tune is my latest musical discovery – a band from Romania named “Flare” with the song titled Recover. Enjoy!
Here are the entries for this challenge. Please, click on the titles bellow: